You enjoy programming for complex data platforms with transactional workflows and zero tolerance for errors. We believe that happy people produce better results for themselves and the collective team. We believe and value empowering people to work on something they enjoy — thus applicants likely would want to have an interest in serving campaigns, churches, ministries, non-profits, and schools.
5 Tasks & responsibilities
- Write well-designed, testable code, commit work to GitHub and write tests for existing and created code to ensure compatibility and stability.
- Work in friendly agile team, collaborative, engineering environment with continuous delivery.
- Review the work of other engineers providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Work with the team to upgrade, troubleshoot, and debug, existing systems.
- Continuously increase knowledge and skills (including relevant codebase languages, frameworks, & tools).
4 Skills & experience the candidate must have
- Frontend programming experience
- Minimum 5 years working in an agile team-oriented development environment with peer code reviews.
- Strong familiarity with React (and nice-to-have basic Ruby/Rails experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related field a plus.
3 Ways the candidate will be evaluated
- App performance
- Code contribution and quality (Git metrics)
- Communication, teamwork, documentation, and completeness of work; aka "responsible and cool to work with" (peer review)
- Competitive Full-time Salary
- Flexible PTO
- Remote work (Preferred States: CA, FL, LA, MD, TX, or WA)
- Monthly Health Allowance
- Monthly Fitness Allowance
- Monthly Wellness Allowance
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Annual CSA Allowance
- Home-office Allowance
- 401k plan available
Programmers work on our Product team as part of the Engineering team.
- Operations (Accounts, Finance, Service)
- Product (Design, DevOps, Engineering)
- Growth (Marketing, Outreach, Success)
We're rooted in Southern Louisiana but operate as a remote-first company that supports our team living in Texas, California, Washington, Ohio, Maryland, and Florida. We've got an old fashioned commitment to honor and excellence in what we do, and our customer-first hospitality is described as welcoming, courteous, helpful, respectful, and kind. We're the type of people whom you count on to do what is right and have your back.
- Ruby (Rails)
- AWS Cloud platform
- Sidekiq Enterprise for workers/jobs/queues
- Testing tools/frameworks
- GitHub Actions